It’s a quick read with nice graphics that walks you through the evolution of content marketing, from the late 1800’s to current times. Did you know that…
- Michelin started producing free tour guides in 1900?
- Jell-O was close to shutting down in 1904 and was saved by giving away free recipe books to housewives?
- In the early 1990’s fax machines were touted the next big thing in automated marketing messaging?
- The first corporate blog coming from a Fortune 500 company was Microsoft’s Channel 9, released in 2004?
- It wasn’t until 2008 that QR Codes started being considered by US companies as major components of marketing campaigns?